agriculture and Running your farming business day-to-day keeps you busy. But to make sure your business keeps moving forward, you need to find time to maximise efficiency and plan strategically for the future.
Maybe you’re thinking about diversifying. Perhaps you’re ready to expand. Or are you wondering about the best way to pass on to the next generation what you’ve worked so hard for?
It can be tough to tackle those issues alone and that’s where Moore Thompson can help. Our agricultural specialists have years of expertise in supporting farmers and growers with practical, tax, accountancy and business development advice, enhanced by our hands-on agricultural experience.
We understand that farmers must find ways to respond to external pressures over which they have little control, ranging from the Common Agricultural Policy and shopper preferences to climate change and the influence of big retailers.
At the level of their own business, challenges include the need to find new income streams and planning for the next generation taking over.
Whatever the size of your business, our focus is on helping you put in place efficient financial controls and cost-effective operations, as well as a clear strategy for the future. Our services include:
- tax-efficient business structures, including partnerships and limited companies
- agricultural tenancies
- cash flow and profit forecasting for budget setting and management
- raising finance for business expansion, diversification and land purchases
- land and property sales or purchases
- new ventures and diversification
- income tax, including capital allowances, averaging relief and the herd basis
- capital gains tax, including roll-over relief and the Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- the impact of milk quota abolition in April 2015
- planning for passing the business on to the next generation.
We can also support you with all the general aspects of running a business, including payroll, bookkeeping, management and annual accounts and audits and we offer independent financial advice through our sister firm, MT Financial Management.
For further details or to arrange a free, no obligation meeting, please contact a member of our agriculture and rural affairs team.
For more information on Moore Thompson Chartered Accountants in Spalding, Wisbech, Market Deeping, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire, please contact us.