When you’ve worked hard during your life, you want the wealth that you’ve created to benefit the people that are important to you when you are no longer around.
Moore Thompson provides expert estate and inheritance tax planning services to help you pass assets to your beneficiaries in the most tax-efficient way.
With inheritance tax (IHT) levied at 40 per cent on estates above a £325,000 threshold, and the price of many homes pushing estates over the IHT threshold, taking expert advice to reduce future tax bills for your family is likely to be a wise investment.
While minimising tax liabilities, you also need to retain enough capital and income to give you a comfortable standard of living. We can assist you in making provision for yourself and your partner that takes into account potential changes to your housing, health and care needs in later life.
Our estate and inheritance tax planning services include:
- help with drawing up and reviewing your will
- making full use of IHT exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- optimising lifetime transfers between spouses
- transferring agricultural or business property
- transferring assets into trust
- arranging life assurance to cover potential IHT liabilities
- exploring opportunities to make charity bequests to reduce the rate of IHT paid.
For further details or to arrange a free, no obligation meeting, please contact a member of our estate and inheritance tax planning team.
For more information on Moore Thompson Chartered Accountants in Spalding, Wisbech, Market Deeping, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire, please contact us.