When you lead a charity or not-for profit body, you juggle many responsibilities, including the day-to-day running of your organisation, maximising funds for its core work and ensuring that you stay compliant with complex regulatory regimes.
That’s why it makes sense to work with advisors who understand charity accountancy, audit and tax requirements and can help you to operate as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
At Moore Thompson Chartered Accountants, our charities and not-for-profit specialists can assist you and your team by preparing accounts and audits compliant with regulatory requirements.
We’ll keep you up to date with changes to accounting formats and advise on how they affect you and help you maximise tax efficiency, so that more money is available to support the people and initiatives that are at the heart of your work. We can also help you and your organisation to plan strategically for the shorter and longer term.
Our services include:
- advice on charity structures and guidance on which is the most appropriate for your organisation
- preparing accountants compliant with the Charities’ Statement of Recommended Practices (SORP) and other relevant legislation
- preparing accounts for friendly, industrial and provident societies (FIPs), working men’s clubs, credit unions and other mutual societies regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- external and internal audits
- advice on setting up and monitoring appropriate reserves policies
- advice on cost-effective financial systems and controls designed to protect assets
- advice on trading activities and the use of trading subsidiaries
- compliance with central and local government requirements and signing off reports as necessary
- employment taxes advice, including benefits in kind, redundancy and pensions
- tax and VAT advice.
For further details or to arrange a free, no obligation meeting, please contact our charities specialists.
To find out how we can help you, please click here.